Cotton Baby


The above photos are of Cotton baby just off the loom. It is a stash buster – although I did have to but 2 more cones of cotton to complete it. It was also an experiment in changing the tie-up as I moved up the warp. I designed it on the fly and sort of liked the idea of the cross motif eroding as I wove, but I didn’t get it quite right. The third horizontal band is somewhat confused because instead of a little more of the cross disappearing – some disappears and some re-appears. Next time I will work the whole idea out BEFORE I start weaving.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *